Returning to its factory setting for your Linksys router is just very simple. If you want to do this process for some valid reasons, you can do it on two different ways. You can choose among the two which is easy for you. The second option is recommended for those who forgot the username and password of the router.
- Only type in your browser 192.168.1.1 IP. Type in the username and password you may have created. In case you never set, just provide the username blank and type in “admin” on password field.
- Head over to “Administration” tab after which, just go to “Factory Defaults” in the sub-tab.
- Lastly, press the “Restore Factory Defaults” tab and your router will reset.
You can always access and reset again at 192.168.1.1 for new reconfiguration. For other step, you can read below:
Steps using Reset Button
- Make sure that your router is plug-in and connected to the electric power. Glance at the back and bottom part in the router and find the “Reset” key. The button is noted for the intent and recessed with a little hole to avoid mishaps of resetting it.
- You will use a straightened out paper clip or any pointed materials and push the Reset button up until the power light will start flashing. The procedure will be performed in 10 seconds along with previous modems could take 30 seconds.
- Then, release the link and hold off until the light will cease from flashing. If ever the light will never halt from blinking after 60 seconds of releasing it, you need to continue promptly to an alternative step.
- Disconnect the wireless router in the electrical power cable for approximately 30 seconds after which plug it back again. A fresh design of Linksys routers does not actually need this method nevertheless it won’t lead to damage to try. Your router presently has eventually been reset to its default factory setting and prepared for a new setup.